Our artist for # 2 in our series came in at #4 in our Year End Countdown of Top 5 Local/ and/or Unsigned Artists:
Radio 94/5 Artist 10 Questions
1) What is the name of the band? Tim Moyer Band
2) What are all the members names? It morphs as kids get older. The latest was Shawn Moyer -Drums, Tyler Moyer -bass/mandolin, Susan Moyer - backup vocals, Lucky Wright (my Pop) - sax
3) What previous bands were any members in? Tyler Moyer -GrassShawn Moyer -Vista Murrieta High School Drumline, Ink, Grass
4) What bands or artists influenced you? Mostly my parents. My Pop Lucky Wright plays sax, toured with Chubby Checkers and still plays in a few bands including with us on occasion. My mom played first chair violin in the peninsula symphony.
5) What was you first ever gig? Played parties as a bluegrass duo with a banjo player.
6) What was your best ever gig? If I had to pick just one, it was at Tucson Electric Park (TEP) now Kino Veterans Memorial StadiumLegends and Young Guns concert with Doobie Brothers, Poco, & Marshal Tucker. The kids first big show debut. Shawn was 7 & Tyler was 10.
7) What is best song you have ever written? I’m not the right person to ask, but if I have to choose, the song that has won the most awards is “Splendor”.
8) What do you hope to accomplish in the next year? Two things: record a new record, and once recorded, get Pizza For Two back on your station!
9) What artist would you most like to collaborate with? Ray Lamontagne.
10) How would you describe your music. I usually go with “Folk Pop”, but my albums cross over many genres: Blues, Jazz, Country, Rock, & Americana. Which makes marketing to radio a nightmare so, I’m so honored to be on this too 5 list!!