Hear new music from this band this Sunday at 7PM on the Sunday Night Music Meeting:
Radio 94/5 Artist 10 Questions
1)What is the name of the band? Swirl
l2) What are all the members names? Duane “DT” Jones- GuitarAlfred Ramirez- Lead VocalsBrian “Bam Bam” Jones- DrumsShane Carlson- Bass
3) What previous bands were any members in? We have been together as Swirl since 2009 so any other bands we came from no longer exist by now.
4) What bands or artists influenced you? I started out on violin and migrated to guitar after discovering KISS. From there I became a huge fan of 70s and 80s guitar idols like Ace Frehley (KISS), Jake E Lee (Ozzy/ Badlands/ Red Dragon Cartel), Warren DeMartini (RATT), George Lynch (Dokken/ Lynch Mob) and Carlos Cavazo (Quiet Riot). Carlos actually produced the first Swirl release ‘Out Of Nowhere’ alongside Matt Thorr (Rough Cutt). Current artists I am always listening to are Seether, Shinedown
5) What was you first ever gig? The first Swirl gig was in Hollywood opening for Slaughter! We share the same publicist.
6) What was your best ever gig So many great gigs come to mind as Swirl has been fortunate to support many established artists and headline quite a few high profile gigs so it really is hard to narrow it down to just one gig. Coming back to California while on the East Meets West tour featuring RATT and Extreme to play the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles was a definite highlight! Nothing like coming home and playing to a full room of rockers!
7) What is best song you have ever written? Currently I am partial to our new song “The Lift”. It will be released to the public on January 11, 2018.Prior to that I would have said “Rise Up” which was one of three songs licensed into the 2X award winning movie ‘Ditch Day’
8) What do you hope to accomplish in the next year? With the release of the new Swirl song, “The Lift” and how well it is being received on both internet and FM radio we are hoping to piggy back that success to the incredible 2017 Swirl achieved with more music being licensed into full length film and television. While we work on finalizing the latest licensing offer Swirl will record more new music and shortly after the deal is done we intend to tour in all the countries where we have gained exposure through either the release of the ‘Ditch Day’ movie or radio support.
9) What artist would you most like to collaborate with? At this time Swirl is more interested in touring with various established artists than we are collaborating on new material. Not that we would be opposed to a collaboration, but right now the band is very focused on making sure we tour both in and out of the US in 2018.
10) How would you describe your music. With as many diverse musical backgrounds coming together into Swirl I don`t know how else to describe us other than “it`s in the name”. However in 2017 The Huffington Post posted a review saying “they sound like an amalgamation of Slipknot and AC/DC” and of course I have always been partial to”…an interesting and diverse band to check out, as they combine the best of the past 20 years of American Rock/ Hardrock”. I think that pretty accurately sums up our sound. By all means check out the music on the homepage of our official Swirl website- http://www.swirltheband.com/ Be sure to click the ‘Rise Up” video art the top and the “Global Press” tab on the website to read reviews.