#8 on our list features a band I've been playing on the Sunday Night Music Meeting for at least a couple of years. I'll be playing their new stuff on this coming weekend's show (Sunday 7PM) This band is also one of the early entries in the 2018 Wine Country Music Awards in the rock category.
Radio 94/5 Artist 10 Questions
1) What is the name of the band? Arkansas Toothpick
2) What are all the members names? James Herndon- drums Michael Edwards- guitar/singer Marc Schwoerer- Bass Kyle Hall- Guitar
3) What previous bands were any members in? Michael Edwards- Ready for Vegas/ Last Real Deal Marc Schwoerer- Last Real Deal/ The Guild
4) What bands or artists influenced you? Led Zeppelin/ Queens of the Stone Age/ Tool/ Clutch
5) What was you first ever gig? The Hideaway bar in Lake Elsinore. Trying to fit four 6 footers in this bar is actually pretty difficult haha.
6) What was your best ever gig? Definitely playing at the House of Blues Anaheim. Its sort of bittersweet cause for one night you actually get treated like a real musician.
7) What is best song you have ever written? It really depends on what you are looking for. We have fast pace songs all the way to slow bluesy ones. Top 5 would have to be Ten Feet Tall Come on Slow Burn Blue Star Mothers Trolling
8) What do you hope to accomplish in the next year? We just want to get our name out there. We want people to show up to local acts. And of course be able to do this for a living. We don't need a million dollars but just something to live comfortable.
9) What artist would you most like to collaborate with? There are just so many. Queens of the Stone age would definitely be up there. Clutch would also be pretty darn amazing.
10) How would you describe your music. We have actually been told by quite a few people that we play “Swamp Rock” It goes hars driving rock to beautiful soul feeling blues. Then we have some straight up punk rock songs. And when your not expecting anymore, the harmonica comes out and now we have a whole nother style.