Pechanga Resort Casino has partnered with Habitat for Humanity for many events including this Saturdays'11th Annual Microbrewfest and Chili Cookoff.
Thursday in the 9am hour I will be joined on air by Eric Bunge, the Community Outreach Director of Habitat for Humanity Inland Valley.
Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula is hosting its 11th annual Microbrew Festival & Chili Cook-Off on Saturday, June 15 from 1 – 5 p.m.
· Pechanga is located right off of the 15 interstate in Temecula off of the Temecula Parkway exit.
· Guests can sample 100s of different craft beers (and some domestic) from San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, and Orange counties, and even selections from Northern California, the Midwest and the east coast.
· Guests will be able to try out unlimited bowls of 15 different types of chili, made exclusively by Pechanga chefs as well as other items from select vendors.
· Pechanga chefs go head-to-head in a cook-off to determine who the best chili-maker is.
· Guests can vote for their favorite chili.
· The festival benefits Habitat for Humanity, specifically for programs that build homes for veterans, seniors and low income families.
· There will be a silent auction with prizes including getaway stays, golf outings, sports memorabilia, fine wine and beer gift baskets, and more.
· General admission tickets are $50 and includes a tasting glass. VIP and designated driver tickets are also available and can be purchased at www.pechanga.com or by calling 877-711-2WIN.
· Must be 21 or older to attend.
Habitat For Humanity Info:
A Brush With Kindness is a low-cost exterior home repair program available to low-income homeowners throughout the Inland Valley. Through this program, we are able to assist with exterior painting, landscaping, weed abatement, and other minor exterior repairs. ABWK helps homeowners impacted by age, disability, and family circumstances, who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes.
The housing need in the United States is significant—and growing. According to The State of the Nation’s Housing 2010 (JCHS), roughly one in six Americans is in need of a decent, affordable place to live.
Our nationwide economic crisis is creating financial difficulties for entire communities. They face not only foreclosures, abandonment and home-maintenance issues, but also the variety of problems that surface as a result. In short, families and communities are suffering.
Habitat for Humanity Inland Valley has an important role in local neighborhood revitalization efforts. We know the needs of our community and the transformative effect safe, decent housing can have on a family.
JUST ONE DECENT HOME IN A BLIGHTED NEIGHBORHOOD, WHILE A GOOD START, IS NOT THE ONLY HELP THE COMMUNITY NEEDS.
Habitat Inland Valley’s goal is to work towards transforming entire neighborhoods using a holistic approach. We are joining forces with residents, other nonprofits, businesses, local governments and communities of faith to create and implement a shared vision of revitalization. Each project will tailor the work being done to meet the specific needs of each neighborhood.
A wide array of housing services can be tapped to help transform communities in need, such as:
- New, energy-efficient house construction.
- Rehabilitation of vacant and foreclosed properties.
- House repairs for existing low-income homeowners, through A Brush With Kindness and Critical Home Repairs.
- Weatherization to make existing houses more energy efficient and affordable.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY IS JUST ONE PART OF A COMMUNITY WIDE SOLUTION.
Collaboration with other local groups is an essential ingredient of the Neighborhood Revitalization. This includes:
- Working with residents and other significant stakeholders in the community to develop a common plan of recovery and vision for the future.
- Forging both formal and informal partnerships and alliances at the local level.
- Joining or forming community coalitions.
- Rallying active neighborhood support.
- Advocating public policy for local housing initiatives.
TOGETHER, HABITAT FOR HUMANITY, NEIGHBORHOOD RESIDENTS AND LOCAL PARTNERS CAN CHANGE THE FACE OF NEIGHBORHOODS AND THE LIVES OF THE FAMILIES WHO LIVE THERE—FOREVER.
Are you in need of some home decor items? We have what you need!
Join us every Saturday at our ReStore Design Center located at43085 Business Park Drive, Suite E, Temecula, Ca 92590. New furniture at discounted prices!
We are open 9am to 4pm. Hope to see you there!