The Dodgers left no doubt that they are still in this NLCS series with an offensive explosion yesterday.
The Dodgers scored 11 runs in the first inning. They scored a run off the first 2 pitches thrown in the game! Their 11 runs included a grand slam by Max Muncy and is a MLB all time post season record for runs scored in any post season game single inning..ever! In addition to the MLB record for runs in an inning, the Dodgers also homered three times in the same inning for the first time in postseason history.
The final score of Game 3 was 15-3
The 11 run inning was also the most scored in any inning in any game for the Dodger franchise since 1954!
The most amazing feature of the inning is that it was still just 1-0 with two outs, and Corey Seager on third base after doubling home Betts for the game’s first run. But then, this happened:
- Will Smith doubled home Seager.2-0
- Cody Bellinger walked
- Joc Pederson , starting in the field for the first time this postseason, homered.5-0
- Edwin Ríos, in his first game after missing the last seven with a groin injury, homered.6-0
- Chris Taylor walked
- Grant Dayton relieved Wright at this point, but the inning was far from over:
- Betts walked
- Seager singled home Taylor.7-0
- What at first looked like a wild pitch for a run was instead a ball thatJustin Turnerkicked on the ground, and was awarded a hit by pitch. Bases loaded.
- Max Muncyhit a grand slam.11-0
Game 3 starts at 5pm today with Clayton kershaw on the mound for the Dodgers and Bryse Wilson on the mound fo the Braves. With a win the Dodgers can even up the series with 2 games each.